Every type of organization requires certain elements for successful operations, with large amounts of capital and dedicated workforce being very important factors; security is that one element you cannot ignore. Without proper protection from every kind of harm, a company no matter what the size, cannot thrive in today’s economy.
When we talk about security, many categories become subjective, from metal detectors to security cameras, everything is equally important. Security guards on the other hands must be equipped with the most protective of gear and be given trustworthy arsenal. Apart from weapons, a guard must be having a flashlight on him 24/7.
In the case of blackouts or power outages, the company is more vulnerable to attacks or another kind of dangers, having a trustworthy flashlight by your side will ease up matters. The flashlights don’t have to be flashy enough or having the necessary amount of visibility; they should be blunt so that they can be used as secondary modes of assault.
Let us take a look at some of the best flashlights for security guards in the market. We will be also be discussing advantages and disadvantages.
Table of Contents
- 1 1. Guard Dog Security Solaire 900 Lumen Waterproof Tactical Flashlight
- 2 2. Guard Dog Security Edge Steel Bezel 260 Lumen Waterproof Tactical Flashlight
- 3 3. Streetwise Security Products JPTS55R Jolt Police Tactical Flashlight
- 4 4. Zap Gun Stun Gun 950,000 Volt, 60 Lumen LED Flashlight
- 5 5. Rechargeable Stun Gun Flashlight
- 6 Conclusion
1. Guard Dog Security Solaire 900 Lumen Waterproof Tactical Flashlight
Coming from the famous security products provider Guard Dog, the Solaire 900 does wonders when it comes to flashlights. This flashlight has three distinct brightness settings, low-medium-high, in these settings expect the lights to go above 900 lumen which is pretty much high when it comes to flashlights.
This flashlight has a very long exceed the limit which covers more than 25 yards. Expect its reach to be super long; you won’t have to backtrack to certain locations to get the visibility required. As the properties of the flashlight are mentioned, this indeed is a water-proof product. If you are considering going up a river or for a dive (Security Purposes), then this should be your next best friend.
Batteries are a necessity when it comes to flashlights, and believe me it is a pain when you have to change them over and over again, but in the Solaire’s case, there is good news because the batteries are indeed rechargeable.
This flashlight has resilience against every kind of weather situation, even if there’s rain, thunderstorms, or even snowfall, expect this product to be by your side!
- As told by the customers, this flashlight is indeed very bright. It has three distinct settings- Low, Medium and High.
- The Actual beam limit is very wide, so expect it to cover more than 25 yards, even in the gloomiest of days!
Water-proof!! Perfect for every kind of situation.
- One of the downsides to this flashlight is this that its batteries run out pretty quickly. The average run time is around 8-10 hours.
- Recharging those batteries is a hassle as you have to wait around 2 hours for a full charge.
- Quite pricey, $30 for a flashlight is a lot, considering the market.
2. Guard Dog Security Edge Steel Bezel 260 Lumen Waterproof Tactical Flashlight
This is another yet successful product of guard dog, although its brightness power is only restricted to 260 lumens, hence the name. Although nothing to worry about as this product also comes up with a brightness setting with those three very choices- low, medium and high. One of the upsides to this product is this that its handle is pretty much blunt, so if you want it can be used for assaulting purposes (If the need arises!)
Like all other products of a guard dog, this too is weather-proof, so may it be rainfall of snowfall, expect full productivity. The next feature is this that, its material is pretty much hard enough to break class-2 glasses with ease, so imagine what it can do in a fight. This too has rechargeable batteries.
- The price of this product is very much commendable, all the features packed in affordability.
- You can easily recharge batteries, even the time taken is low here (Around 1 hour)
- Encourages self-defense
- It has large buttons so if you carry it around tight edges, expect it to get turned on by itself.
- Sometimes the product’s batteries have some issues, even though it is new, the batteries seem used (Sometimes)
- The paint used for covering the edges looks very cheap as it gets smothered off very quickly
3. Streetwise Security Products JPTS55R Jolt Police Tactical Flashlight
From streetwise, comes this hybrid two-in-one flashlight which also serves the purpose of a stun gun. The idea seems pretty much cool, right? Well, it is, because this is the next new thing in the market. The product used for its manufacturing is pretty much indestructible so, maximum protection would be ensured here.
This flashlight has a power of almost 250 lumens and comes up with two brightness settings- low and high. The batteries are rechargeable so you won’t have to change them up.
- Good coverage with almost 30 yards
- Blunt Edges can be used for assaults
- The shock potency is very much high, more than 55,000 jolts of raw electricity
- Well, to use the stunning mode, you will have to switch off the flashlight first, in cases of fights or quick responses, its usage can become a bummer
- The buttons are pretty much unreliable sometimes, may fall off!
- There can be quality control issues sometimes; every product may not be the same
4. Zap Gun Stun Gun 950,000 Volt, 60 Lumen LED Flashlight
This flashlight-stun gun hybrid is pretty much user-friendly. It can be carried around anywhere because of its size, it can be charged using a USB dongle, so expect protection on the fly!
- The material is pretty much tough, doesn’t breaks easily
- The USB dongle charging feature is a complete steal
- Quick charges and gives shine up to 4-5 hours
- Sometimes the battery may run out quicker because of a faulty product
- The lumen and volt capacity is demeaning, as not actual features are offered
- You can’t use both the features simultaneously
5. Rechargeable Stun Gun Flashlight
As the name suggests, this is another two in one product, which offers a good amount of protection and range of visibility. Its handle is like a sword or sabre, so you can have the actual feels of wielding a sword. The brightness settings have three options, and the power is of 500 lumens.
- Due to its structure, it can be used pretty easily, wielding it is very much fun!
- The power of the flashlight is 500 lumen and 800,000 jolts which is pretty much
- Can easily be carried anywhere
- Very pricey as compared to others
- Needs a lot of charging
- Features cannot be used simultaneously
Security guards need the best flashlights, especially if they’re on night duty for long hours. All the flashlights mentioned in our review are one of the best available. So, if you’re a guard yourself or company looking forward to making the best choice our review wouldn’t disappoint you.