If you have a dog which you love, then you would have been taking very good care of it. Dogs are no doubt the very best friends a human can have and hence it is our responsibility to take good care of our dogs. For this purpose, we have first aid kits for our dogs.
If you are in search of one that you can keep with yourself to stay confident at all times that you are well prepared for your dog’s injuries, and in case anything happens to it. Choosing the right first aid kit for your little one can be challenging and hence we have the reviews of some of the best first aid kits so you can go through them and make the best choice for your pup.
Table of Contents
The 5 Best First Aid Kits for Dogs
Following are the five best first aid kits to be used for dogs available in the market.
1. AKC Pet First Aid Kit
It is a 46 piece kit you can keep with yourself at home or while traveling for your dog. It has extra space so you can easily store extra personalized items you want to keep with yourself at all times. All of the stuff is in a zipper bag with dimensions 11.5 x 2.5 x 8 inches and weighs approximately 1.5 pounds.
- It has a lot of stuff on a comprehensive kit.
- This first aid kit for dogs is perfect for traveling.
- It has all the stuff you need to treat minor injuries.
- Many of the items in the kit are the ones which you don’t require.
- The items included in the kit are not up to the mark.
- The zipper breaks in a few uses.
2. RC Pet Products Pet First Aid Kit
This kit is the best choice for you to assist your dog until you can see a vet. It consists of all the things cleanly organized in clear vinyl pockets for you to access easily and the kit will remain organized. It is perfect for keeping at home, in the car or take with you on travel. Its dimensions are 7 x 3 x 8 inches.
- This kit is pretty amazing for the price.
- It is a very good starter pack and has much stuff in it.
- It is well organized and also has a quite helpful manual.
- It has some basic stuff missing for your dog in the case of emergencies.
- You might have to add in some styptic powder yourself to make it more dog-friendly.
- The supplies in the kit are a bit inexpensive individually.
3. Labra Pet Canine K9 Dog First Aid Kit for Emergencies
It is a 28-piece kit which consists of all the supplies you require for your dog’s injuries. The next time you are on a hike don’t panic if your dog gets a cut, strain, scrape or a sprain as you would have the supplies you need to provide the first aid to your pup. The dimensions of the product are 7.5 x 6 x 2, and it is very light as it weighs a little less than 7 ounces.
- This kit has a reasonable price.
- It has a great size which is compact and holds the first aid stuff.
- It has all the essential stuff you would require for your dog in the case of injuries.
- Some customers find the items to be cheap and not up to the mark.
- Some of the stuff in the kit is not the one you would be requiring.
4. Rayco International Ltd. AKC Pet First Aid Kit
This is one of the best first aid kits you can have for your dog. You can make use of it every day and in the case of emergencies. It has extra space for you to put in extra items you want to keep with yourself at all times. The kit has 50 pieces which are very well organized and weighs just 1.5 pounds. The dimensions of the first aid kit are 11.5 x 2.5 x 8 inches.
- It is compact.
- It is very lightweight.
- These are the nice and clear pouches for the items.
- The kit has no zipper to keep the external of the kit
- It has got some cheap items which are not fit for usage.
- It doesn’t include the necessary things required for the case of emergencies.
5. FabFur Gear Dog First Aid Kit
This product is a complete kit you need for your dog when going hiking. You would have all the items in it which you could require during the trip. All the medical supplies and good quality bandages and other instruments you might need are all included in the bag pack. It also has a pet emergency handbook to guide you in any case of emergency. The dimensions of the product are 3 x 5 x 7 inches, and it weighs approx 15 ounces.
- The kit has good quality items.
- It has extra space for you to put in other stuff.
- You might need to add in a few more stuff for your dog to meet the emergencies.
- It is pretty expensive.
All of these kits have their pros and cons. On some stuff, you might have to compromise because of the price. Altogether it is a very good idea to have a kit by your side at all times.